Makes: 13″ x 9″ pan
- 1, 18.3 oz. box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the vegetable oil, eggs, water, and vanilla. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, chili powder, and brownie mix. Stir until completely combined.
Pour the batter into your greased pan and bake for 22-25 minutes. Your brownies will be done when a toothpick inserted a few inches from the side of the pan comes out mostly clean.
Let cool before cutting, and enjoy!
- You should be able to modify any regular brownie mix or recipe by simply adding the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chili powder.
- Use Mexican vanilla if you can get your hands on some! Yes, you can taste the difference.
- If you really like spice, feel free to up the dosage of the chili powder! These brownies aren’t super in-your-face about their Aztec heritage, but feel free to give them a bit of attitude if you’d like!
- My husband tells me that these brownies taste even better the day after they’re made (assuming you can wait that long to eat them, of course…)