- 2 lbs. lamb chops
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. dried marjoram
- 1 Tbsp. dried ground rosemary
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Tzatziki Sauce (find the recipe here!)
- Pita bread
- Feta cheese
Cut the lamb into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces. Be sure to remove the bones, and any extra fat.
In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil until it shimmers. Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add the lamb, marjoram, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pan fry until the lamb is cooked through, approximately 8 minutes.
On top of your pita bread, place some Tzatziki sauce, tomato, lamb, feta, and any other toppings you would like to add. Enjoy!
- This is a “cheater” gyro because we’re just using little bites of lamb. It’s not the traditional (and delicious) gyro meat, but it’s much quicker and easier to make!
- I would suggest some delicious Kalamata olives along with this dish. Maybe in a nice Greek salad? Or just on the side… Or in the gyro… Or all of the above!
- Try not to overcook the lamb; it can get pretty tough pretty quickly.