Makes: Approx. 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups quick-cook oatmeal
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Using a mixer, cream together the shortening, margarine, sugar, and brown sugar until combined.
Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until the mixture is fluffy.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking soda, oatmeal, and walnuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix until well-distributed.
Drop the cookie dough by teaspoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Don’t let the cookies brown while they are in the oven, or else they will be over done.
- Most of the time, I don’t add the walnuts to these cookies, just because it’s a hassle to chop them up and I’m extremely lazy…. but they still taste great!
- These cookies are a surefire way to impress anyone you might be interested in romantically… just saying!