Makes: Approx. 3 cups
- 3 cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/4 in. pieces
- 1 cup plain, whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
In a medium bowl, toss the diced cucumbers with a few generous pinches of salt. Firmly squeeze the cucumbers several times with your hands in order to release the excess water. Drain.
Add the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic to the cucumbers, and mix well. Season with salt. Stir in the mint just before serving.
- This sauce smells super garlicky. Lest it pollute the delicate tastes of your other fridge foods, store the tzatziki in an airtight container.
- Tzatziki (without the mint) can be made up to 3 days ahead of when you want to use it. Simply add the mint right before serving.
- Goes great on gyros (find the recipe here!) and is also delicious when used as a dipping sauce for pita chips!